- Cultural & Heritage Tourism
COURSE NAME: CULTURAL AND HERITAGE TOURISM
COURSE CODE: HOS313
CREDIT HOURS: 3HRS
CONTACT HOURS: 45 HRS
This course is designed to introduce students to the history and culture of places and people, through the eyes of lifestyles, artifacts and physical buildings. This is a fairly new area of tourism, but surely has the capacity to drive the economy. Cultural & Heritage Tourism is a fun way of learning the history and culture of a place. The course will build the consciousness of the students into understanding how to interface with tourists from various environments and a deep respect for places of interest.
This course exposes students to culture and heritage tourism as a product. The course introduces students to the field of marketing of cultural and heritage tourism. Students examine the ways in which such a product may be sustained and developed to grow the local and national economy.
After completing this course students should be able to:
the importance of cultural and heritage tourism to national development.
- Evaluate the culture and heritage of
a Marketing Plan for the product.
- Develop a Conservation Plan.
- Course Outline
- Unit 1: Introduction to the Tourism Sector
- Unit 2: Culture Tourism
- Unit 3: Heritage Tourism
- Unit 4: Culture & Heritage Tourism as a Product
- Unit 5: Conservation and Sustainability
- Discuss the importance of cultural and heritage tourism to national development.